Laser Tattoo Removal in Chicago
Reasons for wanting a tattoo removed are as varied as the works themselves. Whatever your reason for wanting a tattoo removal procedure, our team is here to help explain the process of laser removal — the only effective method of removing a tattoo.
Read on to learn more about this process — including frequently asked questions and pricing information — or schedule a free consultation by clicking the button above or calling us directly.
Our Guarantees to You
Your complete satisfaction is our top priority. The number of treatment sessions you’ll need depends on a number of factors and is not an exact science. To add some certainty to the process, we offer the following industry-leading guarantees to clients who purchase all their sessions in advance:
“What if my tattoo does not fade to a level that I’m satisfied with in the number of treatments you quoted me?”
We provide you the additional treatments at NO COST for up to 6 months.
“What if I buy a package but my tattoo is completely removed before I use every treatment?”
We FULLY REFUND your unused treatments.
Note that you must purchase all quoted sessions in advance to qualify for these guarantees.
We hope the following material is useful in helping inform your decision of whether or not laser tattoo removal may be right for you. A healthcare professional should always be consulted regarding your own individual conditions. Fortunately, Dr. Tolitano and our team is available for consultations free of charge!
- FDA class 4 lasers are the only effective way to remove tattoos. Salibrasion and excision are outdated methods that can work but are extremely painful and leave unnecessary scarring. Tattoo removal creams are the modern day snake oil and there have been no scientific studies that document effectiveness.
- The laser delivers short pulses of high-intensity light into the treated area. Tattoo inks and pigments then selectively absorb the light without destroying the normal surrounding skin tissue. The tattoo is dissolved into smaller ink particles that are harmlessly removed by your body’s immune system in the weeks following treatment.
- In most cases the tattoo can be completely removed. Given optimal conditions, up to 97% of the tattoo can be removed. However, there are many factors, including the color, type and depth of ink, that influence this and we cannot guarantee complete removal.Darker colors often respond better because they absorb more light. Black, dark blues, and reds often respond the best. Purple and orange fade very well. Green and yellow inks are the most difficult to remove.
- Many patients liken the feeling to having a rubber band repeatedly snapped against the skin. While not a great feeling, the vast majority of patients experience only mild discomfort. To minimize discomfort, Sempurna utilizes an advanced cooling machine that blows cool air on the skin to numb it before, during, and after treatment.
- Every patient is different so there is no uniform answer and an in-person consultation will help determine a range. Most patients require between 3 and 12 treatments. See our Pricing section to learn more about how the number of treatments affects what you pay, and visit our Guarantees section to see how we protect you from unexpected costs.
- The procedure itself depends on the size of the treatment area but is typically just a few minutes.
- An anti-bacterial ointment and a dressing are applied. The dressing should remain for 24 hours. A full set of aftercare instructions will be reviewed with patients in-office.
- The minimum length between treatments is 4 weeks. Occasionally 6 weeks or more may be required if the area hasn’t completely healed.
- Yes! Many tattoo artists encourage customers to lighten an existing tattoo before covering it with a new one. This dramatically reduces the chances of the old tattoo appearing through the new one. Tattoo lightening usually requires just 3 to 6 treatments.
- Pricing is determined by the size of your tattoo (in square inches) and by the number of treatment sessions. The cost is $49 per square inch, with a minimum charge per session is $98.Don’t forget that we offer a variety of discount packages. Financing options are also available. See the Pricing section for more details.
Tattoo removal costs $49 per square inch per treatment session, with a minimum charge per visit of $98. The number of sessions required for complete tattoo removal depends on a number of factors, including the depth and color of ink, how long you’ve had your tattoo, the location on the body, and your skin type. As such, we must see your tattoo in order to quote a price. Our consultations are free of charge and come with no obligations.